Sunday, October 26, 2008

After sitting here for a few moments, I would state that I admire the writer in his craft. There is so much inside of each one of us, or inside me anyway, but tapping that and communicating one's humanity to other humans can seem challenging sometimes.

Maybe it is not that; I could type up a generic blog post a la "OMG LiFe is SO HarD!" in a couple of minutes, but I have enough emptiness inside of me to be creating more while taking up valuable space on the innerweb.

Is it just me or does it feel like we are on the cusp of history? Not history in the strictist sense I guess; time keeps on flowing into the future, so I guess that literally we are always "on the cusp of history," but you know what I mean. I think Billy Joel needs to write another few verses to "We Didn't Start the Fire." It would talk about George Bush and the War in Iraq and such craziness. (You can even read my last post as a teenager on this very blog, the day the invasion was launched.)

(Don't read anything else older than that though. It is embarassing.)

I feel like I am getting swept up in the lot of it. I won't talk about the election, not yet anyway, but there is a general feeling in the air that changes are coming. The Church is involving itself in politics in a way that it hasn't done for decades and taking a stance that frankly surprised me. (Also something to write about another day.) Asia rises, it seems as though the west is in decline. The world is changing and I am barely on the fringe of it. All the while I am making decisions in these weeks that will dramatically determine the course of my career.

On top of it all, I need to quell the sincerest desires of my heart . Follow your heart, but know that it feels like prison when you can't(OMG DRAMA). Love is risky business.

It makes doing laundry and grocery shopping sound so small time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home