Thursday, March 13, 2003

Thursday night! that means that tomorrow is....FRIDAY.

And seeing how that is the day before me and giraffe's birthdays, we are gonna part-y! Which brings up my next rant topic.

Tomorrow, we are going to party. It's going to consist of a bunch of friends, hanging out, playing games, eating, etc. etc. etc. Know what though? Out of all the people I know, me and my friends are the only group of people that do that. Everyone else gets wasted and stoned and what not. I have one thing to ask you people -- is it fun? Really, you are just impairing your thoughts, you become stupid, you're just shut off for awhile. Every single weekend, my friends and I hang out -- sometimes we just talk, and know what? We enjoy ourselves!! It's actually fun!! I have seen what others do on their weekend...you walk into the house, and they are all drunk, someone inevitably pukes all over the place, and they just sit there in their sodden state. High people are even worse, they just get this look on their face, and they go around doing stupid stuff, making a total fool of themselves, babbling incoherently, etc. etc.

When you were taught how to interact with people, did you skip the "how to have fun" lesson? I've never been drunk or high, but I've seen it, and that has done more for me than D.A.R.E. ever will. The only way that I can think of justifying drinking would be having a really screwed up life, and having only alcohol to distract you from it. In that case, you might have a reason to drink -- to quote the great Billy Joel -- to forget about life for awhile.

Cmon people, we are pretty much KIDS still - We can kick back and have fun. We are not a bunch of Irish Factory Workers in 1870's New York, we don't have a reason to drink. Stop letting society and your peers program you and just enjoy yourselves!

Jared out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home